Wednesday, May 09, 2007

BLURRRRRGH (aka Last Night's American Idol)

Well I have nothing really against the Bee Gees...I even enjoy hearing a quaint little bit of 'Staying Alive' or w/e now and then. I do not understand, however, why they saddle the contestants with having to sing one of Barry Gibb's songs then chide them for being corny. Hellllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

1) Melinda Doolittle - Yes she can sing anything. I'm over it. I don't want to see her in the finals.

2) Blake Lewis - No last night was not one of his best nights. Then again, it was *no one's* best night by a mile. He's still my remaining favorite.

3) LaKisha Jones - Ick. I noted after Barry Gibb advised her to sing higher and really 'go for it' when she did the chorus and she agreed giddily, she entirely avoided singing the part of the song he was referring to and let the backup singers handle it instead. Hmmm. So maybe she's not that good after all. She has no higher range (unless screaming at us counts as 'range'). I think she should go tonight.

4) Jordin Sparks - No, she's not as good technically as Melinda...but she's 1000 times more expressive and likeable. I'm really rooting for a Jordin/Blake finale.

That's my thoughts. Nothing I heard last night was worth re-hearing. Everyone was mediocre to just plain bad. Let's hope Clive Davis does a better job of picking songs next week! <333

No comments: