Saturday, September 15, 2007

Sex Kittens, Beatniks, & Smart Skirts...Oh My!

I gots a buncha new pretties today YEYYYYYY...so it's gonna be a looongish post for those who hang in there for my ramblings...but I'll start with a quick peekie pic and some infooo on Smart Skirts.



I was in a retro frame of mind (shock!) and so what I have here is a lil collection of 60's-inspired goodies. Also after reading Raven's post I decided to check out the Smart Skirt script...and decided I liked it!! Therefore all new prim skirts I design (including this week's dresses) will have Smart Skirts included in the package. What's a Smart Skirt do, Kit, you ask? Well...it's a prim skirt that can be set to 'move' better with your avi...so no more 'dangling prim syndrome' when you sit...the skirt 'sits' with you...and can also be set to hang better when you're standing, walking etc. I'm also including regular old sk00l skirts for those who prefer. The script is very easy to use and the skirt comes set...however if you need to size the skirt or maybe if you just want to change the settings to mesh better with your own personal anims...then it will need resetting. Complete instructions are included in the pack for doing this...and as I said, it's very easy to use. ;)

So now...on to the newness!!

First up is this yummy little babydoll...satin layered under sheer chiffon...showing just enough skin to be sexy...tied with a big, ubercute satin bow in the back...it's feminine & fun & pure sex kitten! I decided to call it 'Posh'...just...well...because it is! :D It comes in 6 sweet colors...and pics are included below of the Pink Champagne as well as the pack for an idea of the color range!



This next one presented quite a challenge as far as finding a name. I wanted a simple, black beatnikish outfit with some colorful trench coats. The outfit itself I love...wracking my brain to come up with a name, not so much! After much wracking by not just me but poor Sasy Scarborough who tried to help...I decided to simply call it 'Beat'. Lame, maybe but...it's simple...and it works. I started out with a short turtleneck...then decided to add a 'tucked' one cos well...not everyone likes to show off their tummy :P and also b/c it makes a great basic piece to wear with just about anything..and I wanted to be sure to give options for wearing it. I included glitch pieces so you'll be able to wear it 'tucked' into pretty much any pants/skirts you own if you so desire. ANYWAY, here's a cpl piccies...one with the black coat...and one to show the range of coat colors available!! Serious props to Roslin Petion of Tete a Pied for this amazing skin, 'Chaton', just released this weekend!!


Next up...my faveeeee of the bunch (though it's a bit like choosing a favorite child...they all have their things you love about them!)...the ruffffffffly bum panties!! Huge thanks to Sasy Scarborough who not only came up with the perfect name, but also suggested I add a set of solid colored ruffles to each pack (orignally I just had the multicolored ones)!! Anywho...I've been wanting to make some panties with prim ruffles on the bootay for some time...and I finally tackled it. The result is 'Gidget'...a sweet, sex kitten lingerie set that's ruffly, girlie, and just barely sheer enough to make you wonder if it's sheer at all....;) Of course both pieces can also be worn sans ruffles...but damn...who'd wanna do that?!! o.O ANYWHO...some piccies follow...one of the red...and another to show the available colors!!



ANDDDDd....last up (but by no means least!!)...a gorgeous set that happened as a result of a conversation I had with Phaylen Fairchild of Diva Designs about our desire to collaborate on something. Called 'Jackie'...it's a knee-length linen sheath dress with a coat. Phay did a marvelous job on the coat...it hangs beautifully...no small feat considering she had to fit it over a dress with a prim skirt!! It's got fabulous detail and includes prim cuffs & collar. I'm really extremely happy with this one and am looking forward to the next idea we work on!! Sooo...here's a piccie!!


Of course they're all available at CKS Designs in Selby, & also at SLexchange, & OnRez as soon as I get them up!! Posh is $L200/single or $L600/pack, Beat is $L275/single or $L650 pack, Gidget is $L220/single or $L660/pack, & Jackie is $L300.

Okies I think I need to end this monstrous post now. Go get yourself a cookie if you've read this all. You deserve it!! :P <333333


Pretties:

Posh Ads: Skin - Tete a Pied: Vivant Glam 3 in Buff, Hair - ETD: Cora in Elika's Brown, Shoes - Lassitude & Ennui: Leather & Pom Pom Mules in Anthracite, Earrings - Kitty's Rampage: Crystal Drop Earrings in Black, Arm Bands - Lassitude & Ennui: Lunar & Solar in Silver

Beat Ads: Skin - Tete a Pied: Vivant Chaton 1 in Buff, Hair - ETD: Sleekness in Golden Brunette (discontinued, sorry :( ), Shoes - Kitty's Rampage: Ballet Bow Flats in Black, Earrings - Gurl6: Silver Hoops

Gidget Ads: Skin - Tete a Pied: Vivant Biba 2 in Buff, Hair - Tickled Pink: Camille in French Roast, Shoes - Lassitude & Ennui: Leather & Pom Pom Mules in Anthracite

Jackie Ad: Skin - Tete a Pied: Vivant Pin-Up 1 in Buff, Hair - ETD: Eva II in Auburn Burnt, Shoes - Enkythings: Talyn in Black, Earrings - Muse: Claris Pearl Earrings in Silver.

8 comments:

Sasy Scarborough said...

if i talk too people will never get out of here :P hugs you rock all sets are fabulous sooooo yummy

xoxox Sasy xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Fabulosa! Everything is fabulous but my fav as the jacket and Jackie. I am drooling over these.

Arianna Psaltery said...

eeeeeeeeeeee I love ALL these outfits. So chic and fashionable :)

Anonymous said...

As the proud owner of a Jackie set, I have to say it's grand! I still can't get over the smart skirt, so neat! Thanks Kit, from another Kit M...

Dot Lane said...

Beat makes me look soooo good!

Love,

Dot

Kit Maitland said...

awww thanks ladies!!

and /hoooooo another Kit M! :D

Claudine Jewell said...

oh i went to your store for the new fall collection and came home with the pack and the jackie set ohhh i love it and thanks for including the smart skirt script
i love it

Kit Maitland said...

Aw thanks so much Claudine!! Glad you like them!!! <333